I. Automatic data processing on this internet page
When you access internet pages, the information transferred to us by your browser is automatically stored in our "server log files." This includes:
The technology used is such that we are unable to assign such data to specific persons. No attempt is made to link this data to other data sources (e.g. any registration data that may exist), and data is, following a statistical evaluation, deleted and not retained as an individual data record set.
- Browser type/version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL (the page last visited)
- Host name of the computer accessing the site (IP address)
- Time of the server enquiry
II. Services requiring log-in - newsletters, etc.
If you would like to access the (personalized and/or paid content) services offered on the website www.sportswear-international.com, we may, in order to provide this service and for billing purposes, require further information from you. Most notably, this shall include your name, your (valid) email address, and further particulars (address, telephone number, etc.), which enable us to check that you are, for example, the owner of the email address provided, or that the owner thereof agrees to receive the relevant services, in order to be able to supply the desired services and, finally, in order to render accounts and serve invoices in the due manner. Entry of a valid email address is required in order for us to prevent misuse of registration procedures - in the case of newsletters, for example. We therefore rely on the so-called. "double opt-in" process, in which you are sent, after entering your email address on our websites, a so-called confirm mail to act as authentication of your registration, and as part of which you are, by clicking a corresponding link, required to verify your email address. The data in question is so-called personal ("person-linked") data, i.e. data that can be used to establish your identity. As a matter of principle, however, you are able to use our free internet services without having to reveal your identity in either full or in part. Additionally, you may, when signing up/logging in to our services, provide us with further information - going beyond that required for the rendering of the service (such as sector, occupational group, age, etc.) - on a voluntary basis by entering this in the appropriate fields or boxes. Such data is used by us to align services more closely to the needs of users, for product information and advertising purposes, and also for customer relations purposes. As a matter of principle, data is not forwarded to third parties (cf. above).
1. Cookies In several different places, internet pages use so-called cookies. These are employed to make our service more user-friendly, more effective, and safer. Cookies are little text files deposited on your computer and stored by your browser. You can block the installation of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; yet we must point out that, in such an event, you may be unable to use the website’s many functions to the fullest extent possible. Cookies do not cause any damage to your computer and do not contain viruses. Cookies are not used by us as a means of storing personal data. 2. Google Analytics This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies," which are text files placed on your computer to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by these cookies on your use of this website (including your IP address) is transferred to a Google server in the United States and stored there. The "_anonymizeIp()" function causes the last two digits of the IP address not to be sent to Google Analytics, thus preventing the identification of the user. You can deny data collection by using a Google browser plugin. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, for compiling reports on website activity for website operators and for providing other services related to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties to the extent that this is required by law, or where such third parties process the information on behalf of Google. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. You can block the installation of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, we must point out that if you do so you may be unable to use all the website’s functions to the fullest extent possible. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purpose described above. 3. Web bugs in "Premium newsletters" In certain premium newsletters, so-called web bugs (also known as "tracking pixels" or "clear gifs") are used to monitor the number of times the newsletter is accessed in order to prevent misuse/contractual violations, and to detect any excess use that infringes the terms of the licensing agreement. Web bugs are invisible 1x1 pixel-sized graphics attached to the user ID of the respective newsletter subscriber, which are thus able to reveal the number of times the user in question accesses the contents of the premium newsletter. Such so-called "newsletter tracking" serves to ensure that the respective services are invoiced to clients in due and proper fashion.
IV. Revoking the (continued) processing and utilization of data
At any time, you may notify us that you wish to revoke the authorization previously given to us to store your personal data, and to make use thereof to provide the respective services. Please note that, even in the event of such a revocation notice instructing us to stop using and/or storing data, we reserve the right to continue to use your data to the extent that this may be required for billing purposes. Moreover, instructions preventing us from making continued use of your data will inevitably mean that you may no longer be able to receive the services (newsletters, etc.) to which you subscribe, and that we shall have to terminate the supply of the services without further delay. As part of this process, your personal data will immediately be deleted and no longer retained in our data records.
V. Data collection by Facebook
Our website contains programs (plugins) from the Facebook social network. These are operated exclusively by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (Facebook). On our website the plugins are marked with the Facebook logo or a "Like" button. When visiting a page of our website which includes such a plugin, your browser connects directly with Facebook servers and by doing so the contents of the plugin are transmitted to your browser and incorporated by the browser in the website page shown. Doing this causes information to be transferred to Facebook indicating you have visited our website. If during your visit to our website you are logged in to your personal Facebook account, Facebook can link the website visit with this account. By interacting with the plugin, such as by clicking the "Like" button or posting a comment, the corresponding information is transmitted directly to Facebook and stored there. If you wish to prevent such data transmission you must log out of your Facebook account before visiting our website. Please see Facebook’s privacy statements for more information on the purpose and extent of data collection by Facebook, as well as how they further process and use your data there, and your related rights and setting options for protecting your privacy: (http://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.php). Point V. of the data protection statement is used by courtesy of the WILDE BEUGER SOLMECKE law firm.
VI. Right to information
At all times, you have the right to be given information about the type and extent of the stored data relating to your person, the origin thereof, the persons receiving such data, and the storage purpose. (Contact data, see below)
VII. Further information
IX. Web Data Protection Declaration
Our web page uses the measurement procedure (“SZMnG”) provided by INFOnline GmbH to measure statistical parameters relating to the use of our site. The reason for collecting these user metrics is to statistically measure the number of visits to our website, the number of visitors and their surfing behaviour using a standardised procedure to allow values to be collected that are comparable across the market.
For all sites that are members of the Informationsgemeinschaft zur Feststellung der Verbreitung von Werbeträgern e.V. [German Audit Bureau of Circulation] (IVW) or that participate in online research carried out by the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Online-Forschung e.V. [German Online Research Working Group] (AGOF), the user metrics will be processed further on a regular basis by the AGOF and the Working Group for Media Analysis (agma) and will be published under the performance indicator “Unique User” as well as by the IVW with the performance indicators “Page Impression” and “Visits”. This reach and statistics can be accessed on their respective web pages.
1. Legal Basis for Processing
The measurement by INFOnline GmbH using the SZMnG measurement procedure is carried out upon legitimate interest, under Art. 6 Para.1 lit. f) of the GDPR.
The purpose of processing personal data is to gain statistics and to create user categories. The statistics are used to understand and substantiate the use of our sites. The user categories form the basis for an interest-oriented alignment of advertising material and advertising measures. A usage measurement which guarantees comparability with competitors in the market is essential for the marketing of this web page. Our legitimate interest stems from the economic usability of our findings that we get from the statistics, user categories and the market value of our web page, as well as the direct comparison with third-party web pages, which can be determined from the statistics.
In addition, we have a legitimate interest in making the pseudonymised data of INFOnline, AGOF and IVW available for the purposes of market research (AGOF, agma) and for statistical purposes (INFOnline, IVW). Furthermore, we have a legitimate interest in providing INFOnline’s pseudonymised data for the further development and provision of interest-oriented advertising material.
2. Types of Data
INFOnline GmbH collects the following data which, according to EU-GDPR, can be linked to a particular person:
- IP address: On the Internet, each device requires a unique address to transmit information: the IP address. Because of how the Internet functions, it is technically necessary for the IP address to be stored, at least for a short period. IP addresses are truncated to 1 byte before any processing. Further processing is only performed on anonymised IP addresses. No IP addresses that have not been truncated are saved or processed.
- INFOnline Data Protection Declaration Version 3.1 14/12/2018 Page 3
- A randomly generated Client ID: To allow computer systems to be recognised, the further processing uses either a third-party cookie, a first-party cookie, a local storage object or a signature that is compiled from diverse information from your browser that is transmitted automatically. This identification is explicit for a browser, as long as the cookie or local storage object is not deleted. It is possible to measure the data and to subsequently assign it to the respective client identifier by accessing other websites that also use the measuring method ("SZMnG") of INFOnline GmbH.
- The validity of the cookie is restricted to a maximum of 1 year.
X. Overview of contact data for information and cancellation/revocation
Contact data/data protection officer: firstname.lastname@example.org.